Question

How to move a particular design in fsm Mobile

• 11 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear All,

I need to move a particular design I'd from one environment to another, please suggest in this.

Below is the issue explanation

Let's say we have 2 development environment and one testing environment.

Dev1 

Design_name          Design_id

Field Service             1

DesignTech                2

Dev2

Design_name               Design_id

Field Service                  1

DesignAud                     2

2 groups of development teams working in 2environment  and we need to merge this in testing environment.

Our expectations here is if merge it should be like below but it not happening

Test

Design_name          Design_id

Field Service             1

DesignTech                2

DesignAud                  3

Observations 

When we import design file from import/export functionality from design screen from Dev1 and put it in Test then Test will be like Dev1. And again we import file from Dev2 and deploy in Test then it override the Dev1 design and here we can see Dev1.

Can anyone suggest me how to merge 2 designs from different environments to one environment. 

Can we take only DesignAud to another environment 

Please suggest 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @TatRajatM 

There is no design merge (automated) feature in FSM. 
In other words, 
- if you export designs from a source environment, the XML file contains all the designs in that environment
- When you import the file to target environment, first it will wipe all the designs from the target environment and then import all the designs from the source.

At the end, you will have source designs = target designs, as you have experienced.
This cannot be avoided. One possible way could be (havent tried. Just a suggestion)
- Export designs from source
- Export designs from target
- Manually merge 2 files. You have to update design_set_ids if they have conflicts.
- Import in target.

/Sanjeewa