Question

How to issue Customer Owned stock

• 22 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

As a case I am a Service Technician trying to report a Work Order performed for a customer.

In IFS Cloud I used the lobby ‘Service Technician’ to travel to the customer and start my work. Now I want to issue materials that I am using during my job. I succeeded in issueing materials that are ‘Company Owned’ but how do I issue material that is ‘Customer Owned’?

I’m in ‘Work Details’ and I click on ‘Material’

Here I can add “new material”

But there does not seem to be an option to say that the material is ‘Customer Owned’ (because I used an unforeseen part from the customer’s own stock, but I would still like to track that it has been replaced at this intervention)

What is the solution here? How can the service technician easily report back to the back office that a piece from the customer’s own stock was used to repair this machine?

Best Regards

Roel

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

This topic is almost open for 3 weeks so I’m trying to update it and get some additional attention for this. Does anybody have any suggestions on the above question?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas about the above question?

For some high-value parts it seems desirable to indicate at what point in time the parts were mounted onto the machine and time-track the actual days they were used in operation before break down.

How would we track this? If the parts are serialized you could use the functionality of ‘Place Serial in equipment structure’ and this would be tracked in the Serial Objetc History. Buyt what about parts that are not serialized?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi ALl,

Still looking for a solution on this issue. THis question pops-up again in a different project.

Situation:

• Customer purchased x spare parts from us to use on maintenance interventions.
  • We execute a calendar based PM generated Work Order
  • During the WO we see that the spâre part needs to be replaced. So we get one from the customer owned stock with contains X parts
  • We replace the part

We don’t need to keep track of the customer stock. That’s the customer’s responsibility. But we do want to track that a Customer owned spare part was replaced on this WO so we can track the date of replacement and lifetime.

So how does a technician do this? Either using Technician Portal of MWO Service app.

Best Regards

Roel