Question

How is place time zone being sent from FSM to PSO? How is it being used in PSO?

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 8 replies

Hello,

• I am trying to determine how time zone on a FSM place record is being sent from FSM to PSO and/or how place time zone might be used in PSO.
  • I have searched HTM & Scheduling dbs and only see time zone on resource and division/region. 
  • I have also checked the audits in PSO and I do not see anything related to a place’s time zone. 
  • I am not sure what data is being sent via integration, so I don’t know where to look there. 
  • I am aware of the app params in FSM client, App Param, SHOW_SERVER_TIME_ONLY & MOBILE_ENABLE_TIME_ZONE
  • I am aware of the time zone setting under the Commit Rule in PSO, but now how that is used.
  • If anyone has any insight how time zone on a place in FSM might be used in PSO or how the data regarding place time zone is sent over, I would appreciate a comment or two :)

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi,

Answer might be snot straight forward. FSM is not sending a time zone value to PSO but it is adjusting all the time stamps as per time zone of Resource’s Place ID. As an example,

Person Place Time Zone is UTC+5:30.

You are creating 8:00AM-5:00PM shifts from a client residing in same time zone. 

Your PSO server is in UTC+0 time zone so the MWM Server Time zone ID Scheduling App Parameter Value is UTC+0. Then FSM is passing the shift time as 2:30AM-11:30AM UTC+0. Here, you won’t see a time zone id but the conversion has happened. 

Time Zone columns in PSO side (majorly in ARP) are for own use of PSO. As an example, it determines when a Commit rule should trigger, the appointment slot start end times etc.

Badge +3

@Sajith Anushan,

Thank you for the quick response. Is there anything you recommend in either FSM, mobile or PSO when a user crosses time zone?

Right now, if they schedule a task time, but the place is in a different time zone, then they need to adjust the time accordingly. For example, a place’s time zone is US/Central and and the user is in US/Eastern. They would have to set the task plan start time, eastern to be 9 AM for the actual task to be scheduled at 8 Central.

For mobile we have  enabled a setting in mobile/tablet to automatically adjust and display the time zone they are in. Is there anything else you recommend?

Badge +3

@Sajith Anushan,

You mentioned PSO making adjustments based on the person place time zone.

We set up a place (e.g., HOME_PERSON_ID) for each PSO user/resource in FSM with a Starts Works From, which includes the person id as the place person.

I also see the place person which includes the person, works_from and ends_works_at, but there is not time zone specified on either of these tables. How is FSM getting time zone coming from the Resource’s Place Id? 

We began setting the time zone on the resource in PSO and re-generating their shift and now it the shift has adjusted, but we originally didn’t have that done. We do have resources going to places in different time zones. 

To be clear there is no time zone information being sent with the task?