Question

FSM6u16 Reports issues, potentially after MS Server updates

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there are there any known issues with regards to MS Server updates impacting the Reporting function of FSM6u16?

In our Dev environment running Reports and using the Print button worked fine Our servers were patched over the weekend and on Monday running a report or click the Print button returns an error implying that the Reports Path is incorrect.. As I said it was working one day and not the next with the only obvious change being that the server received some updates over the weekend.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Report file FMS_GTS_0001_Requests_v1_3.rdlc not found.  Check CLIENT_REPORTS_PATH setting.
   at Metrix.UI.ClientReport.RdlcReportHelper.OpenReportFile(String reportName)
   at Metrix.UI.ClientReport.RdlcReportHelper..ctor(String reportName, String reportRefName, Boolean isSubReport, Dictionary`2 reportQueries)
   at Metrix.UI.Util.RunReportingService(String reportNameWithParameters, String outputFileType)

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @AngeloPav,

It’s seems like the issue in client report path.
Could you please check the whether your client report path is correct or not in app params(param name is CLIENT_REPORTS_PATH)?

If you couldn’t find a clue, please share a screenshot of that app param value if possible.

Please refer below one for more details.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there, 

There is a path defined in the App Params: As requested, please see the path (Servername removed):

https://XXXXXXxxxx:443/FSMServer_6_0_16_DEV/ClientReports/CustomReports;https://XXXXXXxxxx:443/FSMServer_6_0_16_DEV/ClientReports/BaselineReports

Please advise what else this issue could be. As mentioned it worked on Friday and then we started to experience this issue on the Monday. 

Thanks and best regards

Angelo

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Angelo,

is this also happening for baseline reports? Have you tried it in the Web Client?

I can’t imagine what part of a Windows Update could break that functionallity.

Best regards

Roman

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there, 

Yes it happens for baseline reports also.

It also happens when running the smart client locally on the server,,  I am a bit stuck and not sure what else to try or look at?

I also restarted IIS a couple of times..

Anything else you can add would be greatly appreaciated.

regards

Angelo

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Angelo,

can you please double-check that the IIS Application Pool of the FSM Server is having access to the Client Reports folder (Windows Explorer permissions)?

Further, is the App Server installed / exposed on an external URL (Reverse Proxy)?

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@AngeloPav @roklde 

Was this issue resolved with the Windows Explorer permissions or a possible bug fix in a later release? I have a cloud customer who is on FSM6U14 who is experiencing the same issue. Please advise.