Solved

FSM Webclient - Can't search product serial ID with using Tab Key in Request Screen

• 25 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi All,

I’m Having a case where customer had FSM 6 U3 and when they creates a request in Web client, they enter the Serial ID (a valid serial ID)of a product and press Tab key and the product related details (Not having to click on search icon and select the product with certain serial ID from the list) are automatically fetched as follows,

Recently, they have updated it to U7 and they are saying it doesn’t work anymore. In update 7 Web Client, when they enter the serial ID and press Tab key, nothing happens, nothing is fetched. Also it doesn’t show any errors. I checked the release notes of U7, and it mentions Tab key navigation being excluded from Web client features.

Then again in the U9 release notes, it mentions the same feature being included

My questions are

1. is this feature back in U9 ? 
  2. If customer wants to directly enter serial ID and Press Tab key to fetch product details, can it be done ? If yes, how ? (According to them, this way saves much more time)
  3. Does this have anything to do with Workflow Changes done in U7 ? (and later versions)

P.S. When I tested this in our latest U10 Web client, it results in following error

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 25 May 2021, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

To start, the elements from the release notes that you have identified relate to the Workflow functionality rather than the Request screen. As such the functionality to tab out on an individual screen would not be covered by the U9 introduction of this as it only relates with regards to navigating through a workflow.

That would mean that you could set up a Workflow for the request process in U9 if you were dead set on using the tab key to navigate.

The alternative would be to create a script to replicate the action taken when the search button is pressed and apply it when navigating away from the field.

With the error you got in U10, it relates to the FSM Client Script that generates the pop up displaying valid products when searching so this would seem to show the tab is working as desired in U10 in that it is trying to search based on the entry. Are you receiving the pop up despite the error? I think this would be deemed a bug as clearly the script is being called on tab but it is not passing the field entry to the search so it comes back blank.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck,

So either I have to set up a Workflow for the request process, or create a client script if I do this in U9, Got it !!!

About U10, if I enter some invalid serial id and press Tab, pop up is showing with available, valid products. No error.

If I enter a valid serial id no pop up is showed, only the error is showed. This can be considered as a bug right ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hushan Hasarel

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

Yes, I would say that is a bug. It looks to be a flaw in the script where it finds one search result and tries to pass the value over. That is why an incorrect value works: it is showing the search to select a value instead rather than trying to pass a value to populate the fields.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck