Solved

FSM - System timezone, how is it being set in mobile and client

• 9 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

When I run the query “select plan_start_dttm from task where task_id = 8215,” it returns the timestamp in Eastern time, not my local time (which is Mountain standard time). When I view this datetime on the DebriefOverview screen in mobile, then it is displayed in the timezone that my phone is currently set to (in my case, MST). When I run this same query in the smart client, it is returned in my local timezone MST). When I run it in the client script, it is being returned in Eastern time.

How is the timezone being retrieved from the server in FSM? What table and field is populated in the database to set the system timezone? For instance, the status_as_of field in the task table is being stored in the mobile database in Eastern time. Where is the timezone being set in the smart client?

icon

Best answer by roklde 10 November 2022, 16:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Sylvia,

the raw data in the database should be stored in Database Server time zone, e.g. in IFS Managed Azure environments this is always UTC.

The time stamps you see in Smart/Mobile/Web Client should be converted automatically by the Application Server to your local timezone on the device.

Best regards
Roman