Skip to main content
Question

FSM Smart Client - How to Set Restrictions on New Record Creation and Saving in FSM Customized Screen

Dear FSM experts,

One of our customers is requesting the following requirements in FSM Smart Client, and I would appreciate your assistance:

Requirements:

1. Once a new record is created and saved, users should not be able to make any further changes to that record.
  2. When the screen first opens (search), it displays a list of all records in this table. However, users should not be able to open any of these records.

We have created a new customized screen according to their requirements and attached a screenshot for reference. This customer primarily uses the Smart Client environment.

Is it possible to achieve these requirements through configurations alone? If anyone has any ideas on how to proceed, please let me know.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Amandi Soysa

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @Amandi 

I did not understand 100% your requirements, but please try the following. 

1. Configfure all fields on the list as ‘EDIT’
  1. Disable the click event or hide the field that is clicked and opens the screen.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Amandi 

Hi,

Are you saying you they don’t want to see the records after they are created or just not able to edit/make changes to the records?

Thanks,

Morris

Badge +2

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

Thank you very much for your response, I have tried this option as well. But the customer rejected it.

Best Regards,

Amandi Soysa

Badge +2

Hi @Morris 

Thanks for the response. They don’t want to see the records after they are created and saved, and they are not able to edit or make changes to the records afterward.

Best Regards,

Amandi Soysa

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Amandi ,

You can write a business rule to update the flag in the user def column when saving new data.
Then, write a client script to check that flag to enable or disable the relevant field when you open the screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Amandi 

I did not understand 100% your requirements, but please try the following. 

1. Configfure all fields on the list as ‘EDIT’
  1. Disable the click event or hide the field that is clicked and opens the screen.

Cheers!

Agree with above comment, along with this, for the requirement of users not being able to see the records maybe you can utilize the Primary Table Constraint in UI designer. (set the primary table constraint to a field value which none of the records will match)

That way user will not see any records but will be able to create new records which are read only after save.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I also agree with the updating of the primary table constraint. they can create new records but as soon as it is saved it will disappear from the screen.