Solved

FSM Request ID Sequence Generation

• 29 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Can anybody Recommend how to Generate Request ID Sequence based on Static Value.

Like  The Request ID is been Generated from ‘1’ but I need My request ID should start from 5000 and the counter should begin from 5000.

One Sample would be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance.    

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 29 April 2020, 14:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi,

There is nothing from within the user interface to set this. The sequences are set directly on the database.

This would most likely be set by the IFS team during implementation to what ever the required sequence is and then not touched again which is why the user interface does not allow it. #

If you would like more information on how to set a sequence against a field in an SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio let me know and I will see what I can do.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Badge +2

Dear Lee Pinchbeck

Thanks for the Response,

One sample on how to set a sequence against a field in a SQL Database Using SQL Server Management Studio would be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance

Anil Reddy

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Anil,

Open SSMS, expand DB >> Programmability >> Sequences >> each table has an entry in this location, just double click on the one you want to see and amend as required.

This is standard SQL database functionality rather than being an IFS App procedure so if you require further assistance you may need to look into SQL manager assistance rather than here but it may be that member of the IFS FSM Consulting team may be able to assist further as they will likely have had to make changes like this for customer databases on setup before.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Badge +2

Dear Lee Pinchbeck,

Thanks For the Response This really helped A-lot.

Thanks 

Anil Reddy