Question

FSM-PSO Initialization process removes activities booked during the initialization process

• 15 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 14 replies

Hi Guys, 

We have noticed that in FSM 6U4 - PSO 6.5.0.29 if call center agent is booking a same-day service work order during the FSM-PSO initialization process (in our case is scheduled nightly @ 3:31 AM) - let’s say the booking is happening at around 3:34 AM - the activity will show up in PSO correctly for a short period of time, but it will be wiped out by the LOAD file FSM is shipping to PSO after the initialization process gets completed (in our case this is happening at around 3:40 - 3:50 AM). The issue we are facing is that the service work order (reques/task) looks good in FSM, but PSO has not information about it - meaning - missing customer appointment. 

Have any of you experience this kind of scenario, and if yes, how did you mitigated? 

Thanks  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @dsuciu,

Do you run a 24hr service? Or is there a time each day when there will be a definite period with no actions? The initialisation is essentially rebuilding the data from FSM to PSO to ensure everything is up to date so if something falls right on that time it could well get missed as you have seen.

You should be able to see from the logs how long the overnight scheduled process takes each time to get an idea of the length of window you need to have each night for it to complete without missing anything.

Potentially you could have two datasets if you run fully 24hr and then alternate their use. That way when one is in use the other can be freely initialised. This may be a bit overkill depending on the amount of usage and users you have running through FSM and PSO as it would mean setting up a whole new dataset instance in PSO, linking that to FSM and then arranging a process such that tasks are always planned to the correct dataset that would be in use on that date. A better plan could be made with a full understanding of the specifics of the business but that is best discussed as a direct 1-2-1 between yourself and IFS.

Hope that gives you some ideas to help solve though.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes, we are running a 24x7 business model (providing our customers peace of mind for their Heating, Air Conditioning and Endless Hot water supply). We are servicecing about 1.5 milion customers majority in the provice of Ontario. So you can imagine that out of so many customers we have indeed customers calling us almost daily between 3:31 AM (the time our initialization process is scheduled) and 3:40 AM the time the process is reflected in PSO. 

Adding a second data set in PSO to accomodate this is unrealistic as this will involved huge change in our configuration.

I was lookign for a way to programatically determine the calls that has been Booked around this interval (already done) and a way to generate the XML needed by PSO to create and disply the activity on the Scheduling Board. A custom MPM would be the ideal solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @dsuciu,

The advice I gave previously was limited to keeping to a generic answer that could be used across any FSM system as so useful to as much of the wider community as possible. 

Generating a custom code to do what you are proposing is beyond the scope of the Community. You will need to request assistance directly from a Partner or IFS with consultancy time to ensure the resulting solution is appropriate for your system.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks for your answer. A ticket has been opened at the same time i added my question in the communitiy. I never expected a custom solution out of this channel, i was just expressing my opinion in terms of how this should looks like.