Solved

FSM : MPM : Trigger multiple times using HierarchySelect data

• 27 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Team,

We have a requirement to trigger MPM multiple times depending on the result of the Hierarchy Select of certain data. Can anyone share any examples of the same.

icon

Best answer by Shneor Cheshin 28 June 2022, 02:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @CKOppBox 

What do you mean trigger multiple times?

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

For Example the MPM uses input as TaskID, we want to trigger the MPM from "Monitor Schedule” for multiple tasks, using Hierarchy Select of TASK with some other Task properties.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@CKOppBox 

Hi, are you wanting the Hierarchy Select to say return 10 tasks as a dataset, and it uses that data to loop through the MPM that many times? You then map the returned values to the parameters of the MPM and it does each one individually?

Ady

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @AdrianEgley ,

That’s the intention.

Is there some way to achieve the same

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@CKOppBox 

Look at this post.

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Shneor,

Thanks for the post details.

My requirement is similar, but instead of updating any object, need to trigger a MPM which has some additional logic.

I think @SanjeewaJ 's statement "In very brief, there is no iteration/looping in FSM XML messaging unless it is a Mass update.”, kind of confirms that I cant trigger MPM multiple times using HierarchySelect result.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@CKOppBox 

What I did is update another filed and that filed will trigger another BR.

So lets say you hierarchy select returns X records → Update UDF_N to 1

Create another BR when UDF_N changes to 1 and there use the MPM.

Like that MPM will run X times. 1 for each record that UDF_N changed to 1.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Thanks @Shneor ,

Will explore doing it as u suggested, seems feasible for our scenario as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@CKOppBox 

I understand the business rule process is one option.

We’ve been using Powershell as another way of doing that for some time.

Within the Powershell is a SQL script that would obtain the dataset, a column is then allocated to a variable in a MPM or standard XML insert / update. We have this run from a scheduled task on the server and they just run at the set times. 

More than happy to go into more detail, but I think the concept would be great as an idea going forward (not sure if this is available in the latest versions). I can see the option for Scheduled Processes in the Admin menu, and this is just an extension of that. We’re still posting the XML on a schedule, but able to do multiple processes in one hit and also do the ‘looping’.

Ady