Solved

FSM Mobile Sync - Table Name(s)

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi community,

what is the name of table(s) that save(s) sync information (Waiting, Ready, Sent, Error).

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

~Juni

icon

Best answer by Anjula K Priyanath 6 February 2023, 22:38

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi @JuniSihombing,

As per my understanding, there are set of tables to handle the synchronization queue in FSM. You can refer below tables.

mm_message_out - messages to send; from server to mobile(table in server), mobile to server(table in mobile)

mm_message_in -  messages receive; from mobile to server(table in server), server to mobile(table in mobile)

mm_message_error - sync errors

There are some other tables such as mm_message_cache, mm_message_receipt.

Hope this would helpful.

//Anjula

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thank you for the response, @Anjula K Priyanath.

I deleted my previous reply.  Should have described it better.

If there is error in sync, deleting entry is mm_message_error, will not delete the erroneous sync in mobile.  In that case, where is this erroneous sync saved?

Cheers,

~Juni

Badge +1

Thank you for the response, @Anjula K Priyanath.

I deleted my previous reply.  Should have described it better.

If there is error in sync, deleting entry is mm_message_error, will not delete the erroneous sync in mobile.  In that case, where is this erroneous sync saved?

Cheers,

~Juni

@JuniSihombing,

1. You should not delete records of mm_message_error in server database.
  2. mm_message_error table exist in the server for auditing. If there’s a sync error, mm_message_out record status in mobility would be ERROR. Sync message can be found in relevant _log table in mobility.

Ex - Inserting a record to c_task_sor (custom table, similar for standard table too)

Sync insert message to server, and return an error due to the logic in server (Policies, Metadata, Validation BR, etc.)

mm_message_out status in mobility is changed to ERROR. Then, displaying sync error in sync monitor error tab.

Also, mm_message_error record is saved in server (you can check Mobile Error Log)

If you delete ERROR status mm_message_out record in mobility, sync error will be disappeared.

Note - Deleting sync error in mobility, will make diff in between mobile local database & server database.

My Recommendation - Make all validations in mobile level as much as possible to reduce sync errors. - Field type, Save/ Add button validation scripts, etc.

Thank You,

Anjula

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for the explanations, @Anjula K Priyanath!

Cheers,

~Juni