Solved

FSM Mobile new attachment API screens

• 5 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Think I know the answer to this but just want to make sure!

The new Attachment API List Screen has a heading of “Attachments” is there any way of changing this? I can’t use a message translation because I have two attachment list screens and need different headers.

icon

Best answer by brian.gummin 8 October 2021, 15:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

You can change the Label for the BaseAttachmentList screen and you can also create your own custom Attachment List screen that has a different label.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Steve Hurst ,

I have raised a similar concern in the idea wall. Following is the link for the created thread. You can upvote the idea if you face this issue and creating a custom design would help you to change the translation for the “Attachments” header.

Hope this answer helps

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Badge +2

Hi Steve, I have also created an enhancement request via LCS for this. Cheers Marc. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Does this actually work?

I am using update 14 and have changed the “Label” field on a custom attachmentList screen but when displayed it still shows “Attachments”

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I broke one of my main rules to not post anything unless I’ve recently verified the information myself.  Looks like I was in a hurry that day.  And it looks like someone accepted my wrong answer without testing.  Oops!

The Attachment API screens are designed differently from other screens.  There is no screen label or screen tip.  (The Label field in Mobile Designer should probably by hidden because it has no functionality.)  The only text that shows is the “Attachments” (EN-US) text that displays in the Action Bar at the top of the screen.  The text in the action bar for all the Attachment API screens (List, Full, Add, and Card) is localized from the “Attachments” MM_RESOURCE_STRING message translation.  So this text can only be configured per language and will display on all versions/copies of Attachment API screens.  Adding the ability to change the Action Bar text per screen would be an enhancement request.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Additionally, it looks like localization is working as expected in iOS and Windows, but NOT working on Android.  This should be raised as a defect in LCS.  I’ll add it to my backlog of internal issues, but a customer reported issue gets higher priority.