Skip to main content
Question

FSM Mobile App - Set List Row to Read-Only based on conditions

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

In the mobile fsm app, I have a list with rows with ‘Allow Modify’ set to true, so user can edit the values of that record.

I’m now looking for a way in mobile to set a Row on that List to Read-Only based on some conditions. The only (possible) solution so far is to set all the fields within that row (linkend screen), to read-only.

However I prefer that they can’t go that linkend screen at all, so ‘disable’ the ‘Allow Modify’ function.

Regards,

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @drooij 

The solution you found is the only one I know of.

We cannot conditionally control the ‘Modify’ function.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @drooij,

As I understand it, you need to read only some items on the list screen based on certain conditions, and some items allow a click to go to the next screen for modification.

I think you can write a script for the tap event to prevent that list item from opening the edit screen.

But I’m not sure if this solution will work while you are using the ‘Modify’ option.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Shneor Cheshin Thanks for the response

@Chethana, Thanks, by using a Tap Event instead, it should be possible indeed. Going to test if using a combination will work.

Edit: Can’t use a combination of ‘Modify’ function and a Tap script

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @drooij , 

Try to implement the edit function manually. Then you can create a custom script to check your validation and open the edit screen accordingly.

I think that’s the best solution in your case.