Solved

FSM Mobile - Adding Signature box

• 14 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

Is it possible to add the customer/technician signature boxes in a new/custom screen at the mobile app?

These boxes appear both for DebriefCustomerSignature and DebriefSignature, but I don’t know how to add them on another screen.

Thank you,

João Oliveira

icon

Best answer by brian.gummin 8 October 2021, 15:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

With UPD 11 there is a mobile enhancement which allow to configure a signature field on Standard Screens, however I’m having some trouble configuring it. Could some one help me?

I already added the screen (REQUEST.USER_DEF_NUM5) as explained at the RN and the attachment is created correctly, but the relation at request_attachment is not created. How can I lik the record with the field??

Best regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Yes, you are on the right track.  With Update 11, the ability to add a signature to a Task Step was added as a baseline feature using the configurable Signature API.  Look at that feature for an example on how to configure a signature.

Since you highlighted “custom metadata,” I’m guessing that's where you’re stuck.  Since this is a baseline feature, we added baseline metadata to establish the relationship between task_steps.signature_id and attachment.attachment_id.  (On FSM Metadata screen, see the TASK_STEPS~PARENT02 Relationship ID.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for your comment!

I checked the configurations you mentioned (TASK_STEP) and now the REQUEST.USER_DEF_NUM5 is populated with the attachment ID, nevertheless the REQUEST_ATTACHMENT relation is not created.

For me this is not a problem, since I don’t need to show the signature anywhere (just need the link at the request level)!

Best regards,

João Oliveira

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If ever needed you can always create an XML business rule triggered based on the update of your field REQUEST.USER_DEF_NUM5 and generate an entry in REQUEST_ATTACHMENT tab with your attachment ID and request ID as variables