Skip to main content
Question

FSM Mobile - Add Custom 'Region' in Design

Hi All,

Is it possible to create/edit/use ‘Regions’ in mobile? Similair like on the Overview (DebriefOverview) page?

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @drooij ,

Yes, most of the standard screens have this region option. You can divide the fields using this region option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @drooij 

As @Chethana wrote, it is possible. However, I found it very buggy. Mostly with iOS devices.

Consider a different solution or test your solution carefully.

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Chethana, Thanks. The regions only works for ‘ordering’ in the same ‘box’. I used the option on some standard screens, but it won’t show the bar or text.

For example on the Overview page, these where already defined. You have for the bar ‘Details’ the value ‘1-Details’ in the Region column. Where is the Text ‘Details’ definend and linkend to the value ‘1-Details’?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @drooij

You can create regions on the standard screen. But please note that you cannot use multiple line text within region. regions height is fixed height.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Chethana, Thanks. The regions only works for ‘ordering’ in the same ‘box’. I used the option on some standard screens, but it won’t show the bar or text.

For example on the Overview page, these where already defined. You have for the bar ‘Details’ the value ‘1-Details’ in the Region column. Where is the Text ‘Details’ definend and linkend to the value ‘1-Details’?

The first numerical value is used to order  the regions.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Seems not to be working in Android, it does in iOS...

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @drooij ,

If you made this configuration in one of the mobile clients, it should be working on both Android and iOS. I didn’t find this type of issue in Android. Did you make this configuration on an iOS device or Android?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Chethana Made the changes in Android. In iOS the Regions appear, in Android, nothing is shown.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@drooij , What's the screen name? Is that a custom screen or a baseline screen?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Chethana , baseline screen: DebriefReview.

Edit: Same results for custom screen

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@drooij , I added the region in the DebriefReview screen, and the results are the same as yours. However, it’s working in the custom screens.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Chethana strange, I got the same results on every page, custom or baseline

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@drooij 

As mentioned before, this function is buggy. I recommend not using it.

The next best option is to customise the mobile client.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@drooij 

This is from past tests I have done.

Android labels are not showing. R&D considers this as enhancement and will not do it.

Long text are cut on the lables in iOS as the field is limited to 64 characters.

Besides that, I found a lot of differences between the different OSs.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@shalikakk 

I see that a fix is scheduled for UPD28. Can you please check this? What is the plan?

SC - CS0203920

Cheers!