FSM inbound integration - special character handling

• 2 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 59 replies

Hi Experts,

Following is a simplified example to describe the issue at hand.

When and inbound integration is done, if one of the fields has an ‘&’ character, the integration fails.

The solution to this as I see it, is to transform the message as following,

Hence, the question that I have is, is this a change that we can do from the FSM end when we receive the message? (transform & to &) or is it the case that the sender (third party system) has to make the change in the payload?

Background: I’m trying to make a GET request from FSM to an external endpoint, and use an inbound map to capture the data in the response. But the inbound map doesn’t get processed due to the above mentioned issue. Before requesting the resource owners to change the payload, I’m trying to figure out whether there’s a solution/workaround from the FSM end.

example of the response I get right now,

Thanks in Advance!

icon

Best answer by Isuranga Ediriweera 5 July 2021, 12:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Dear @Miraj 

This issue arise when validating the xml. Generally when we using XMLs (Generally not only in FSM), it does not allow to add symbols like < > ' &.
That's the reason that you gets this error and you needs to use xml syntax for those symbols.
So this "The XML request is not-well formatted" error arise from the validation, even before start read xml information for extract your data (Line by line).

There fore I believe that we cannot do any process with the XML value (Example for in your case it is "A & B") from the FSM and do any conversion for this value and change it to "A &amp; B".
Hence you need add this as "A &amp; B" from the tired party tool.

Kind Regards,

Isuranga.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Experts,

Following is a simplified example to describe the issue at hand.

When and inbound integration is done, if one of the fields has an ‘&’ character, the integration fails.

The solution to this as I see it, is to transform the message as following,

Hence, the question that I have is, is this a change that we can do from the FSM end when we receive the message? (transform & to &amp;) or is it the case that the sender (third party system) has to make the change in the payload?

Background: I’m trying to make a GET request from FSM to an external endpoint, and use an inbound map to capture the data in the response. But the inbound map doesn’t get processed due to the above mentioned issue. Before requesting the resource owners to change the payload, I’m trying to figure out whether there’s a solution/workaround from the FSM end.

example of the response I get right now,

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks a lot @Isuranga Ediriweera !