Question

FSM: GPS tracking not working as expected

• 6 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

FSM6u8
It is required to send GPS location updates from the task assigned person's mobile to the backoffice.
GPS related app params are set as below

GPS_LOCATION_COMPARISON_TOLERANCE : 20
GPS_LOCATION_COMPARISON_TOLERANCE_UOM : Feet
GPS_LOCATION_INTERVAL_MIN : 2
GPS_LOCATION_INTERVAL_WORK_STATUS : IN MEETING,ON SHIFT,OFF BREAK,OFF SHIFT,ON BREAK
TRACK_GPS_CHANGES : PLACE,ADDRESS,PRODUCT,PERSON,TASK

The task geocodes are not updating every 2 minutes. 
However it records the geocodes when the task status is updated.

On the mobile device the following is configured for the FSM application:

• location services is enabled
  • location services is set to “Always” for the FSM application

Am I missing any configurations or are there any known issues with this functionality?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @himasha.liyanage,

I was addressing the same issue you have pointed out via a Support case & could recreate what you are mentioning in FSM UPD13. The GPS location updates from the task assigned person's mobile was not sent to backoffice.

The root cause is that the latest lat/long values aren't fetching to the PERSON table on the server-side.
There could be two possible reasons for this.

1. The FSM app doesn't get the latest location (FSM mobile app doesn't know the mobile's Google MAP lat/long).
2. The latest location updates aren't queued towards the server-side. If the location update is queued, it gets synced to the server without an issue, and the lat/long in the PERSON table gets updated.

But in this case, the location changes don't get queued when the real Google MAP location of the mobile is changed. So there's always a difference between the FSM mobile DB lat/long and the lat/long of the mobile (Google maps lat/long).  

As per my knowledge, there are no configurations related to this baseline process. So, my guess is this to be a bug. So I reported this to RnD. Awaiting their response on this.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @Charith Fernando  thanks for the inputs! Saw below article also, seems similar issue? any thoughts please?