Question

FSM dse_allocation table only contains latest visit

• 27 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

We have noticed that when sending a COMPLETE DSE broadcast back to FSM from PSO, the dse_allocation table only contains the details for the latest visit of an activity.

For example we have a split activity which is split into 7 visits, only the allocation data for the 7th visit is stored in the dse_allocation table.

We have checked the incoming broadcast XML from PSO and it contains the allocation records for all the visits so the issue is definitely in FSM.

We are using FSM 6 UPD 14.

We noticed a fix in UPD13 (G2279817) which might be related ?

@Aaron.Sleight are you able to help with this at all please? 

Thanks,

Tom

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@tomgreenwood Yes, I think the situation described is likely related to the changes that you mentioned as part of the correction in update 13.

We are maintaining the dse_allocations by task_id/activity_id combination and no longer including the visit id in the query that is fetching old records to delete.  Multi-visit activities are not supported in baseline FSM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@tomgreenwood Yes, I think the situation described is likely related to the changes that you mentioned as part of the correction in update 13.

We are maintaining the dse_allocations by task_id/activity_id combination and no longer including the visit id in the query that is fetching old records to delete.  Multi-visit activities are not supported in baseline FSM.

Thanks Aaron, good to get an explanation although it does present us with a bit of a problem when it comes to handling split activities as we were planning to convert each of the splits into a separate task so they can be processed on the FSM side. We shall have to reconsider how to do this, unless it’s possible to add the visit data back into a future update or hotfix ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thanks Aaron, good to get an explanation although it does present us with a bit of a problem when it comes to handling split activities as we were planning to convert each of the splits into a separate task so they can be processed on the FSM side. We shall have to reconsider how to do this, unless it’s possible to add the visit data back into a future update or hotfix ?

How/where are you planning to do the splitting into multiple tasks?

I am not wanting to add the visit id back into the query that fetches records to delete as that will re-introduce the problem that removing it solved in the first place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @tomgreenwood,

Is it not possible to create linked tasks for each visit in FSM prior and then send them over to PSO? I believe this is how people have got around it previously.

The more complicated method I saw once was to have one task that ended with a status of last or continuing and then if continuing was selected that triggered a business rule to create a following related task to continue the work. Selecting last ended the chain. In case you do not know the number of tasks before hand.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck