Question

FSM - Column resize is not working for one particular user And one Screen

• 30 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

In the above image, Type column is too long and I couldn’t find the end. In UI designer, width of the column is 10. I am getting this issue for particular user and one screen only. Other screens are working fine. I have changed the screen that time also i am getting the same for the same user. Not only one tab , the issue is in all tabs.

Please give me some idea to fix this issue. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @vinotha 

You may need to add another new column at the end of the list and then make that field invisible on the properties so that the second column will adjust the width according to your column width. This is one workaround to get rid of this problem

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this solution. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. 

Note: Not only type column. All columns in all tabs having this issue for one screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @vinotha ,

Could you send a screenshot of your UI designer along with the new column (3rd field) added to the list item?

Badge +2

This notes tab as well having the same issue. I have added new column as Text id here. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Strange that it is only affecting one user/screen.  Are you sure that this user is not using some custom configuration for that screen?

Once you have that sorted out, you should not need to do things like adding hidden columns as previously suggested.  What you need to do is make sure that the column width percentages add up to 100 for all of that columns in the listview.  That is critical to having the columns displayed properly.  The web client is less forgiving than the smart client when the totaled width percentages are greater than or less than 100.

Badge +2

Thanks all for your answers. I have fixed the issue. As for my investigation, User seems to have saved some screen level settings for the Task screen which were stored in My settings window. I have cleared those cache files and re-stored the Task screen with default for that particular user.