Solved

FSM cloud integration with azure file share

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 59 replies

Hi Experts,

I am trying to setup a file integration with FSM for the first time. The FSM app is setup as an app service in Azure. within the same resource group a storage account is created, within which a file share is setup in order to do the file integration.

with the following folder structure

I now tried a basic outbound integration,

When I trigger this, I run into the following error,

I then tried my luck with an inbound integration by creating a monitor schedule,

​​​​​​​

Now I tried uploading a simple xml file that ought to create a request, in the specified folder

​​​​​​

But nothing happens, I don’t see the request getting created, nor anything in the integration log to point that this was picked up and processed up by the application.

So this is where I stand now. I’m pretty sure I am doing some trivial mistake(s) as this is my first attempt at a file integration. I would greatly appreciate any help to get this off the ground​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Saranga Amaraweera 4 July 2022, 09:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Miraj ,

This was something that I have tried sometimes back for a POC on csv flat file integration with fileshare. I’m not 100% sure whether my findings will provide you all the insight which you need. Hence simply I’m pasting all the content that I have discovered here.  In other words you may need to filter out the necessary sections (a bit of work for you 😥) just to get an idea. The content will be split into two comments as the text is too long 

Basic Requirement (Source : IFS Cloud Ops)

FSM6 has the capability for file-based integrations, for integrating with systems which do not support modern approaches such as web services.

FSM, running in IFS Managed Cloud, cannot connect directly to on-premise systems to read/write files due to physical connectivity limitations and security considerations.  In this scenario, an Azure file-share is utilized as an intermediary to securely transfer files between on-premise legacy system and the FSM cloud.

If your Azure file storage and FSM environment is hosted in ifs cloud ops environment, 

A Service Request must be raised with the Cloud Operations team detailing the following:

• To request setup of the Azure file storage for integrations (fsmshare).
  • The customer IP addresses to whitelist for access to the share
  • The environment(s) for which the share will be setup.

The following will be delivered as part of this service item:

Restrictions / Limitations

• IP addresses to white-list must be provided.  The share will not be setup as open.
  • The FSM Integration Monitor, as detailed above, is outside of scope for setup by IFS Cloud Operations and must be handled by the local project team or customer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi @Miraj,

I believe the issue is that the Application can’t reach your created storage account as usually it requires to provide the connections string including the storage access token but there is no option to configure this in FSM. Therefore, you must use the Storage account that is created by the FSM Installer as this storage account is known to the Application (at least this is what the Cloud Team does when putting in the request as mentioned above by @Saranga Amaraweera).

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Steps for the Fileshare Integration

We can use Microsoft Azure storage explorer rather than using AzCopy since this is not pretty much interactive. I got this information from a cloud team mate.

How to setup Azure storage explorer,

1. Go to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/features/storage-explorer/ and download the package.
  2. You can install it your self (no need to have admin permission) I have already raised a ticket to get that from software center
  3. Once the application is opened go to Fileshare
  4. You will be prompted with connection info dialog

5. Put any desired display name (this is to direct your location in fileshare) and then paste SAS token appended to the fsmshare storageURL : https://customerenvstorage.file.core.windows.net/fsmshare?sv=2020-02-10&ss=bfqt&srt=sco&sp=rwdlacupx&se=2121-04-16T16:57:50Z&st=2021-04-16T08:57:50Z&spr=https&sig=ouvPJzpvXrYMJDZZ3lALtWkkhgQ8ohHfqD48RMLazAM%3D
  1. Then simply connect to fsmshare  

1. You will see the inbound and outbound folders now (also you can create any folder)
  1. Simply go inside the inbound folder and place your csv files there (you can either drag and drop or browse). This is how you can manage the files in fileshare without any issue

FSM Side

1. We need to set up the schedule in the following way otherwise, it would not work if we just copy and paste the URLs of the inbound paths. In the documentation for FSM Connect, they have mentioned to place the folder structure in following format

1. This has to be replaced in the following manner, as shown below in order to work the connectors correctly,

1. And finally it should be able to start processing the files. 

Sorry I had to split the steps to setup the integration in FSM in another comment as the content was too long. I guess this would be helpful for you to find out what has gone wrong. 🙂 Again, you might require some effort to filter out the content as all these steps are not relevant to your setup configuration (i.e. setting up AzCopy, type of integration) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Saranga Amaraweera Thanks heaps for this wealth of info!