Solved

FSM Client Report Default Filename

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello,

Is there a way to specify a default filename when printing client reports? (FSM 6.5)

When we use the print button we see a preview of the PDF version of the report and the default file name will be something like: REQUESTS_SERV_67c439a7-e9fc-413d-8d4c-44879a55ff4e.pdf

I’d like to change that name, or at least remove all the extra stuff so we get REQUESTS_SERV.pdf to match the rdlc file name.  Ideally we could append the request ID, or some other useful value. Is this possible?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GogBenbeH 23 October 2021, 14:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

This is not configurable and would require custom code to remove the additional characters.  I believe some years back I put on the Idea wall to be able to effect this with perhaps a variable such as {{request_id}} but it is also my understanding this is specifically required in notifications as the file is temporarily stored and the notification must fetch that file if attachments are included. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

After talking to some other people at work I found out that we looked into this before and it didn’t seem doable at the time for the same reason you stated.

Thanks!