Solved

FSM and import from excel using import maps

• 31 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I need to import data into the the tables PLACE, PLACE_ADDRESS and ADDRESS from a single table in an excel file containing 1429 rows.

I have set up an Import map for the task, and defined the appropriate fields in the map, aligning the relevant columns from the excel file and the columns for PLACE and ADDRESS, this works pretty well.

Final step in the same map is to connect the PLACE and ADDRESS rows to the PLACE_ADDRESS table, defining

• PLACE_ADDRESS.PLACE_ID → Parent table/column PLACE.PLACE_ID
  • PLACE_ADDRESS.ADDRESS_ID→ Parent table/column ADDRESS.PLACE_ID

I have tried many different setups, but without success. Furthermore the import always fail with a message saying ‘Import results are incomplete as a timeout was encountered during import. details logged…..’ Log file is empty.

Another “Alert” is displyed in the lower right corner of the screen: ‘Performing Import Batch 1 Succes count 0 Error Count 15000.

The error message does always NOT result in empty tables after import, but the place_address table contains multiple (2) rows where 1 of the rows are correct, the othe row is containing invalid data.

I have had some trouble finding the appropriate documentation for the import mapping functionality.

Any advice would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by brian.gummin 4 November 2019, 23:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Try changing your Column map from:

• PLACE_ADDRESS.ADDRESS_ID→ Parent table/column ADDRESS.PLACE_ID

to:

• ADDRESS.ADDRESS_ID→ Parent table/column PLACE_ADDRESS.ADDRESS_ID