Solved

FSM 6 Mobile - Add screen to Debrief Workflow

• 15 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello,  

Our techs have been entering request notes through the mobile app and we’d like to change the design so that their notes are saved at the task level.

I’m trying to add the screen named DebriefTaskTextFeed to the Debrief workflow but don’t see a way to do that.

There are many screens that are unchecked (not used) in the debrief workflow, but DebriefTaskTextFeed isn’t in the list. How can I add this screen to the debrief workflow?

icon

Best answer by Kasun Manuranga 26 April 2021, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Do you have to change the design? or can you just use the app param that copies request text to task text.

TASK_TEXT_COPY and TASK_TEXT_LINE_CODE_COPY

Maybe doesnt solve your problem but a way around as I am not sure that screen can be added into workflow but is normally in the jump

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@probenbeh ,

Thanks for the reply.  The reason for this is because we want the techs to be able to edit their notes.  They can’t edit the request notes with the mobile app, but they can edit their task notes.  Ultimately the notes need to end up on the request and task notes are currently being copied to the request automatically.  

My thought was that we could simply replace the request note entry screen with a task note entry screen in the debrief workflow.  If there’s a way to do this I think it will work out well for us because the tech would be able to edit notes in the same place that they add notes.

I’d definitely be open to other solutions if there’s a better way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi csanders,
Here you need first to create a new screen in the Designer, add Table "TASK_TEXT". Then in the in the Workflow> select Debrief and save. Then go to the newly added screen and clicking 'View Filled" you can add the Columns that need to be there in the screen. 
Then save it and go to Category "Workflow" and from there you should be able to see the newly added screen. You can select the screen and activate it then preview for the changes.
Then in the Debrief process you should be able to see the screen. Try adding a note and observe that it will transfer to the Task level and in the Note section you should be able to see it.
Pass details if this is not what you expect but then explain it in more.

Regards,
Kasun

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

In the baseline screen design for Mobile, the Notes are created as TASK_TEXT, presumably using he DebriefTaskText screen.

The App Param TASK_TEXT_COPY is described as “Determines whether to copy request text to related tasks. Values are Y (yes) and N (no).”

The App Param TASK_TEXT_LINE_CODE_COPY allows the copy action to be constrained for specific line codes only.