Solved

FSM - 5.7u5 - FSM Connect Outbound with no Primary Path

• 20 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to one of our customers API to notify them of a new claim for one of their customers.

I believe I can connect fine but the result I am getting is the "Request body does not match schema".

It appears they would like to receive the transaction like the below.

{
    "windscreenRef": "10610710",
    "policyNumber": "HG721101",
    "fixType": "repair",
    "fixDate": "2020-07-20",
    "bookingInDate": "2020-07-20"
  }

However I am struggling as the Cust Integration Map is asking for Primary Path. With the message being sent using the JSONOutboundConnector, what do I need to do to be able to post the message but with out a Primary Path?

If I add a value of 'primary_path' as a dummy value, the transaction is sent as the below, but doesn't match the schema they require.

{
  "primary_path": {
    "windscreenRef": "10610710",
    "policyNumber": "HG721101",
    "fixType": "repair",
    "fixDate": "2020-07-20",
    "bookingInDate": "2020-07-20"
  }
}

With leaving the primary path blank or with a solitary '/' in the field the exception I get is   <run_message>Error while extracting TASK: Cannot initialize XML extract element!</run_message>.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ady

icon

Best answer by Paul Drennan 20 July 2020, 18:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Ady,

I’ve just created a mock up on my local system which is FSM6U5 and below are the results from the test:

"?xml": {
  "@version": "1.0",
  "@encoding": "UTF-8",
  "@standalone": "yes"
}{
  "windscreenRef": "1000728",
  "policyNumber": "",
  "fixType": "BASIC",
  "fixDate": "18/09/2019 15:05:43",
  "bookingInDate": ""
}

Is this the format that you would want?

This mock up is from FSM6U5 using out the box functionality whereas in FSM5.7 I believe a custom data connector will be required.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Paul,

Thank you for checking locally.

Pretty much that is what they want to receive, but without the 

"?xml": {
  "@version": "1.0",
  "@encoding": "UTF-8",
  "@standalone": "yes"
}

I can achieve that, but it appears it’s wrapped in the object the Primary Path creates.

I’d want to have a custom data connector to be the last resort, but it’s good to know FSM6 allows this (we’re some way away from upgrading).

Regards

Ady

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

Just to confirm I re-engaged with the 3rd Party we’re looking to connect to.

They have updated their API to allow the primary path object to be accepted also.

Really good to know this will be achievable in FSM6.

Ady 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I am using JSONOutboundConnector. When I am configuring message routing URL, I need to pass dynamic field value in the url. How can I achieve this?

in xmloutboundConnector I was using xpath {xpath://}  to pass the value.Which was working fine.

Any urgent help?