Solved

FSM 5.6.3 Using Extension Table

• 6 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

~~~Edit (wrong FSM Version 5.7 Update 6) ~~~

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have ran out if UDF fields on the place table and i beleive that i want to create a Extension table to make more fields available. but i cant find any details on the process to do this. does anyone have the steps on how to setup an extension table that they could share them with me?

Thanks,

Graeme

icon

Best answer by Rwjgoedhart 6 March 2020, 21:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Graeme,

Using extension tables is pretty straight forward; luckily.

1.  Create your table (DB)
  2. Add Metadata for your custom table. (see first picture)
  3. Add Metadata for your primary table to use your custom table as an extension (second picture below)
  4. Using UI Designed, you do not need to build a child relation, the system will pick up the metadata and add the fields on the Field List for your primary table. (Place in your case, Request in my example) 

Hope this helps you.

Sincerely,

-Rudy

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thank you for your Help. that worked perfectly

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Using an extension table like this, it seems impossible in the Place list screen to order by one of the fields from the extension table. Is this correct? Can you only order by the UDF fields?

Badge +2

Hi All,

We have created an extension table for Task according to the process which is mentioned above, using that extension table we are storing the Place_IDs, but after adding the Part_Need on task screen when we try to change the Task_Status the system doesn’t allow to save the changes, we get error like, The selected record has been modified, Please do refresh and try again.

Please suggest some solution for this. Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Shubham