Solved

FSM : 1/ Part in a Van, released as a product, 2/ part need without shipping is it possible ?

• 7 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

1/ When a Tech has a part (Part from my stock) in a VAN (because before a transfer was made from his office to his VAN) and then you will use this part in a task. 

• a/ What is required to declare this part as Installed in the customer site ? in this case, in our process the part used is declared billable : could we change that ?
    b/ What is the best design/transaction in this case in FSM to transfer the part from the Office to the VAN ? 
  • Possible Settings to be confirmed  :
    - Part set as “part to product”
    - c/ Line code “Billable” with Install and part to product checked or create another line in the table and leave Billable as design.

2/ is it possible to manage a part need without shipping ? if yes : how ?
for example : a part need comes from automatically with a task template. So you have a part need on the task. But you will use a part in the Van of the tech, that is to say No shipping is required because the tech has the part required. what is the best way (actions) to manage this part need until the part is used  ?

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Kalpani Dissanayake 7 June 2021, 18:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @athobie 

1. If your requirement is to use a part as part usage in a task, but no parts available in your van. Then, before using, you need to create a part nees from office to van. If both office and van are belong to the same organization, you may create a part need with line ode “Transfer part”. Then you can transfer part from office to van. AFter that you can use the same part as part usage with line code “Billable part”
  1. You can maintain a part need inside a task template, you have to fill line code, quantity, place id from, location from, place id to and location to in the task template. But when part need appear in the task, you have to post the shipment to receive the part from office to van. Then use as a part usage. If you don’t want to create part needs, you can maintain parts inside your actual stock place, van. 

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Kalpani Dissanayake 
Thanks for your answer.

I think we have a misunderstanding, because In the case 1 : the tech HAS the part in his stock and I want that the part is installed in the customer site as a product.
Billable don’t allow to do that in standard.
1/ Do we have to put the Line code “Billable” with Install and part to product checked or create another part line code in the table and leave Billable as design ?
2/ What is the best transaction to use in order to maintain stock in a van ? 

With your answser : 3/ Do you confirm that when a part need is defined there is NO other ways that a shipping ?
As I mentioned, I can have automatically a part need that came from a task template (often for maintenance task) , but I don’t want to make a shipping if  the Tech assigned on the task has the part in is van. A shipping is not relevant because the part required is already in his van. 

Thanks and Regards

anthony

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @athobie 

1. In baseline environment, you can use line code “Billable part” to ship a part to customer site. But, if you want to install the part as a product in customer site after shipping, you can create a RMA with return reason as ship only > that creates a part need with line code billable part. Then you can ship it to relevant customer site. That will create a product in customer site and make sure you check the part to product check box.  (b) what do you mean by “maintain stock in a van”?
  2. Yes, there is no need to create a part need as long as you have stock in van place, you can directly use available stock as part usages. Hope this may helps.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Kalpani Dissanayake 

Thanks for your help

1/ No I am in a request (No RMA here) and I want to install a part that will become a product once the Tech will done the job. In mobility, if I use a part in my stock, the part is mentioned “billable” and not install as a product in the customer site. What could I do in order to have the part install as a product : put flags ON a part line code “billable” or create a new part line code (to keep “billable” as defined by the baseline)

2/ to maintain inventory in a Van : In many customer processes, each tech will come in the morning at his office and take some parts from the inventory office to his VAN stock (part often used of part to product that he have to install in his tour, like telecom box. What is the best transaction that we will have to use in order to make these diary/frequent transfers : Office inventory to Van inventory ?

Thanks and Regards 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @athobie 

1. Sorry, I was misunderstood that you are using smart cleint. In mobile, if you want to use a part and make that installed in customer site you can follow below steps,

in task go to part used > miscellaneous parts > select a part > set line code as install part and save. Once done your part will be installed in customer site as a product.

1. Since the technicians has to transfer parts from office to van, best practive is either to create part needs as you mentioned ealier in task templates or you may use logistics manager to transfer parts from office to van. Both will update your inventry accordingly. Hope this may help.