Question

Dispatch Console vs PSO InActive Resources 23R2

• 26 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

IFSCloud 23R2

Currently we are using Dispatch Console for day to day Resource and Work Task Activities.

We see there is one key difference in Dispatch Console and PSO ie PSO does not show Inactive resource as expected ie Scheduling Resource(InActive), However Dispatch console does not consider this and will always show all resources regardless of Active/Inactive. This is causing issue for dispatcher, as it is hard to manage resource without any filter and this behaviour and they often end up scheduling to InActive resources during manual scheduling.

Can you please advise how are other customers dealing with this behaviour, is this normal behaviour or environment issue at our end? How can we limit Dispatch Console to show valid Active resources only.

Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

What is the reason for inactivating resources? Is this only a temporary deactivation? 

Badge +4

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for responding

It can be temporary deactivation or full deactivation when resource leaves.

1.Resource is not using IFS system and using other WFM system.When deactivated in IFS it should not be visible in console and assigned tasks unassigned and reallocated to other.In future resource can be reactivated.

2.Resource leaving company and fully deactivated. Assigned tasks get reallocated after the deactivation.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I have confirmed this behavior in 24.1E.0 and created a ticket for it.

Badge +4

Thank you Alexander, Shall we consider it as Gap and will be addressed in future release or how we interpret this behaviour. Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi all, we have the same observation from our side and would like to understand if indeed this is considered as a product gap and if it will be addressed in future releases. Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

When I receive an update of my ticket from R&D, I will share here.