Question

Dispatch Console Dataset Limitations

• 20 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 13 replies

When using the 23R2 Dispatch Console for manual resource assignment for a customer who does not use PSO and has 4000 resources, is it advisable to use multiple datasets?  What advantage would the use of multiple datasets bring without PSO?  Is there is a concern that so many resources under one dataset would cause performance issues in the Dispatch Console even without using PSO?  Couldn’t filters on Resource Group and Region sufficiently limit the number or resources hitting the Dispatch Console even with all 4000 resources in one dataset?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Even without PSO I would definitely use multiple datasets to avoid performance issues. How are these  4,000 resources split - countries/regions/business units, etc.? How many Service Organizations or sites are you using or planning to use? How many resources would a dispatcher typically be responsible for?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Alexander Heinze 

Thanks Alexander,

Those 4,000 resources are for Crown, all in the USA, split across 73 “branches” each of which is a site, and those branches are grouped into 10 regions.  Each branch/site handles its own dispatch of around 50 technicians.  Reframing my questions I would ask, what is a recommended maximum number of resources per dataset when not using PSO?  And to understand the potential performance impact, why would a dispatch console that is filtered to show only a few dozen resources suffer a performance problem even with an underlying dataset of thousands of resources?

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

@dakius , we are working on benchmarking figures as we speak. I would however draw the conclusion that these figures that you are mention above are probably the highest by far that we have seen from a manual scheduling perspective thus far. The benchmarking exercise will result in somekind of recommendations from our end, but this is still in flight. Lastly applying filters in Dispatch Console as the default population behaviour will improve the performance and reduce the load time significantly.