Solved

Define minimum working hours in PSO

• 4 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Experts:

We have the following requirement in PSO.

Customer uses Sub Contractors(Defined as a Resource Type) for handling their jobs and the requirement is at least they need to be plannned for 6 hours of jobs per day unless they should not be used.

How can we make sure this in PSO?

Could we use any PSO Rules but I dont see any matching rule for this except to limit Maximun working hours. Please advise.

Kind Regards,

KM

icon

Best answer by Roel van Zwieten 5 March 2024, 10:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can define a Shift Cost on the Shift Template to apply a cost for using a shift. This will make the scheduling engine try avoid using that shift unless the value of jobs scheduled in that shift is greater than the cost of the shift. 

If you would put this Shift Cost at the value of 6 hours of work, it should only schedule at least 6 hours of work or no work at all in that shift.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Thought this was quite an interesting scenario, so I created a small dataset in line with Roel’s suggestion. Every activity is worth 1,000, shift cost for the subcontractor is 5,100. If there are 5 jobs, nothing happens:

As soon as you add a 6th job, they all get scheduled:

Do keep in mind that buckets only use the shift cost, not the cost per hour nor travel cost.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

Many Thanks for trying this out, does that mean do I have to define the sub contractors as Buckets? Right now we know the contractor details so we used them defined as single resource similar to employees?

Thank you,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Maybe I assume to much… :-) There are countries in which you are not allowed to track individual subcontractor resources, hence my suggestion to use buckets.

But if you are allowed to track them, the same would work for individual resources. Just keep in mind that for these the PSO cost calculation is more comprehensive (cost for travel, cost per hour etc.), so my shift cost of 5,100 would need to be adapted.