Solved

Create new Product Status in FSM6

• 25 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

we like to create an new product status in FSM 6. In the FSM Codes → PRODUCT_STATUS are two entries. Installed (Code Value 1) and Uninstalled (Code Value 2).
We´ve created a global code for the PRODUCT_STATUS and changed the lookup in the product screen in the UI Designer. The new code was displayed as expected.

BUT: If we try to save the new product-status we get the following error-message.
“Column(s) Status To in table Product Tranlog have invalid values.”
So i think there is a validation to the FSM Codes for PRODUCT_STATUS. Does anybody know were this validation is located?

If i user one of the already existing codes, erverthing works fine.

Maybe somebody can tell us where to find the validation or tell us how to set up an new product-status.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by JuniSihombing 9 December 2022, 12:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @BSiemund,

from the error message, the error comes from PROD_TRANLOG.

I think you have Audit for PRODUCT which has auditing (include) STATUS_TO field active.

You need to change custom metadata PROD_TRANLOG, lookup of field STATUS_TO to be same as PRODUCT.PRODUCT_STATUS.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Another solution that can be considered instead of changing the lookup PRODUCT.PRODUCT_STATUS with the new global code is:

to use a USER_DEF field having lookup to the new global-code. 

In the UI the USER_DEF field is exposed.

Badge +5

Hi @JuniSihombing,

we solved it by using the Field PRODUCT.PRODUCT_STATUS and it works fine. We get this hint last week from a IFS consultant also.

Thanks.