Question

Co-relate IFS Connect input message and output message

• 27 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 0 replies

Hello Everyone,

I’ve a need where the IFS connect consumer would send a mesage to IFS Connect with an GUID in the header and the consumer is expecting the same guid to be passed in an response message. The GUID will be different for each message comming in to IFS Connect. The intent is to co-relate the reponse to the request and that the reponse is for the same request made. In this context, I have the below queries

1. How do I enable this in IFS Connect?
  2. Will there be any customizations required to fulfill this requirement?
  3. How different will the change be for SOAP/XML Vs REST/JSON?
  4. How can be change be implemented for asychronous calls vs sychronous calls?
  5. Can IFS connect implement this requirement vice versa?

I greatly appreciate your quick help, suggestions and support.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Shafi 

I’m not sure if your question is related to FSM or IFS integrations since you’ve posted in the FSM group.

But if it’s for IFS, IFS Connect currently does not support the message headers as far as I’m aware.

If you send the GUID in the payload, then it could be processed inside the logic and send with the response.

IFS already has many standard integration projections/PLSQL actions you can use but in specific need such as co relating the request-response, probably you have to do a customization.

You can achieve both asychronous/sychronous behaviour using IFSConnect, but for sychronous integrations, it’s possible to call the projections directly using a REST call, skipping IFS Connect as well.

Hope it helps!

Damith