Question

Can´t fix resources and change the status to committed

Badge +4

Hello, 

I am currently working to setup PSO and I have some issues: 

1.  If I try to manual fix a tast to a ressource or a time it is just going back after a specific time 
  2. My tasks are only on the status allocated and wont change to the status committed even when I set up rules to be committed as global rules 
  3. The tasks will be planned from the end of day to the beginning of the day, but I need the engine to plan it from the morning and not the afternoon

For number 1/3: 

For number 2: 

Thanks for your help! 

Best regards,
Malte 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Cass Sole 

@Sajith Anushan 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi Malte,

I assume here the PSO is integrated with another application (because in standalone PSO, manual changes will be fed by PSO itself and changes will be permanent. But when there is a Workbench broadcast defined, PSO rely on external application to send the confirmation).  

For me it seems like external application is not updating the task details hence, confirmation is not coming. Fact that suggested dispatches are also not working, support this root cause more.

Are you using FSM as the external application?

For the second issue where activities are allocated from end of the shift to the beginning, possible cause would be SLA having an upward slope (i.e. Start Proportion is less than End Proportion)

Badge +4

Hi Sajith, 
Yes we are using FSM as an external application to feed FSM. 

So far, it is working that FSM is getting the allocations from PSO, but as mentioned PSO won´t committ or fix any tasks. For the Integration we used the document “FSM6 FSM to PSO - INTEGRATION GUIDE”. I followed the instruction through. 

in Scheduling App Parameters we adjusted: 

THREESIXTY_ENABLED is on Y
BROADCAST URL with the URL
GATEWAY with Username and Password
ARP_ENABLED is on Y
DSE_BROADCAST_ENABLED is on Y
SWB_BRODCAST_ENABLED is on Y
EXPORT_TASK_TEAMS with the teams we use

For me it looks a bit that PSO dont have the right to assign any resources, could that be an error? 

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Can you check the value of ALLOCATION_RESOURCE_TYPE Scheduling App Param against RESOURCE_TYPE Global Code table values? If it is not present in global code, something like this can happen. 

Badge +4

Thank you for your help! 

Unfortunatly there is still some issues with the Ressource view. 
Even if the time is correct in FSM, I am not able to get the time right in PSO. 
Currently, I have a delay by 2 hours even if i took out all Time Zones. 

Badge +4

@Sajith Anushan Do you have an idea, what could lead to this behaviour? 
The Activities are all scheduled to 12 pm and the time of the schedule is 2 hours behind. 

I have looked through all settings I know, but cant find the issue

→ in FSM the Schedule Board shows the right time

Thank your for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi,

What is the value of “MWM_SERVER_TIME_ZONE_ID” scheduling app parameter?

If it is not aligning with your FSM server time zone, can you change it and check?

Badge +4

Hi, 

I deleted the content of the parameter and it works now with the time. 
Still, the Engine does not schedule activities before 10 am.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Are they newly created ones or the tasks created before changing the parameter?

Badge +4

Also tasks created afterwards are planned as shown above

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Strange. May be instead of clearing the value of MWM_SERVER_TIME_ZONE_ID, can you give the FSM server time zone id and refresh cache?

Badge +4

Where can I see which time zone we are using? 

We have found something in our logs, please see the attachement. 
Could that be the reason for the issue?