Question

Can a FSM Lobby tile display an Power BI dashboard?

• 10 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We currently have an FSM tile in a lobby displaying a live Cognos report via a URL point to the report location in an element.

I’d like to expand on that and have a much improved visualisation published through our IBM Power BI. I have tried displaying or linking to the Power BI by entering the URL to where PBI is available.

Can this be done in a Lobby Element? I have tried but the element tile is just blank/white.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Unqualified here but have toyed with it a little on 5.7. Untested 6 Smart/Web.

You need to force the builtin browser into a higher IE level using the registry by setting metrix.exe to 11000 (reg_dword)

in this path

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

Make sure to relaunch the client!

Changing browser emulation may break your other elements but it’s an executable-wide setting :(

The limitation to this is it only works for public links on PBI and there’s some nuance with your PBI tenant, permissions, and licensing levels but if it loads uncookied in iexplore it will probably load fine in FSM.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks will see if I can give that a go but fear that I will struggle to get a Registry change through our IT.

:-(