Solved

BR: Expression to clear input field

• 29 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

FSM 6U4

I am trying to amend a BR so that it clears the input field at the end. I used expression = original(task_ext.*). However, getting an error “data member specified by *** cannot be found”.

Am I using an incorrect expression?

Alternatively, what other way can I clear input field at end of BR?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Shneor Cheshin 1 April 2023, 00:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

The = sign for the value sets the field to null, at least in a XML update. 

Badge +1

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it, but it threw up an ‘unexpected syntax’ error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @tgenden 

Just leave all the fields empty. 

Example of removing a task description

Cheers!

Badge +1

thanks @Shneor Cheshin for the suggestion. However, it gives me the following error. 

I’m wondering if there is some logic loop causing the block since, I am trying to clear the input field itself. 

For instance, in your example. Would it be possible to clear the “task_status” field back to null in the end?

thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @tgenden 

You another issue, not in the BR.

I created the same logic to remove description from TASK (task status is mandatory). So when description is changed the description is removed.

Please read here about your issue

FSM - Data Member Specified by 'column name' cannot be found | IFS Community

Cheers!

Badge +1

@Shneor Cheshin  I found out the root cause. 

The field I am trying to clear is on the task_ext table. However, the XML FSM posts is trying to clear field on task.user_def36 which does not exit. It should be clearing task_ext.user_def36 instead. I updated the BR and was able to clear another field that was on the task table so the example you showed works in that case. thank you.