Question

Auto-Generate providing random templates

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

According to another post here, when it comes to auto generating a rota, PSO will use the last shift template currently used against the resource to extend out the shifts.

This has no problem working in most environments, but in 1 client’s environment, auto generating a rota provides a return of mixed shift templates

For example: Generated a rota with a resource having a shift called Wed-Sat: 8-6. This was the shift they were given for a month period

then went to create an auto generate rota for the following month. PSO gave the resource 2 separate shift templates for that month period.

This resource had no ROTA hours prior to this so the shifts we initially made were the first shifts they've ever received. We believe the issue is ROTA related as if we take export the modeling data and import it into a new dataset within the same environment, the issue does not return.

If we export the rota and modeling date, import that into a new dataset - the issue remains.

Can’t find anything in the XML that would help connect to this. While the fix is to just create a new dataset, the concern is if this happens in a live environment, how do you preserve the shifts generated.

This is the original ROTA. Shift template used was called Wed-Sat: 8-6
When using auto gen, it doesn't use the previous template, it uses random templates

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @jbernardo ,

Shifts will only be background generated if it is clear which shift template and division should be used.

When generating shifts for a particular resource, the settings to use for this will be determined as follows:

· Shift Template:

1. If shifts have previously been generated for the resource, then the last template used will be used again.
  2. Otherwise, if there is only one shift template then this will be the one that is used.
  3. Otherwise, if the resource is linked to a shift template set (either directly or via the resourcetype) and this set contains a single shift template, then this shift template will be used.
  4. Otherwise no background generation will take place.

Hence in your scenario I would suspect the culprit is due to the reason 3 and could you please check the if the resource is linked to a shift template set.
Otherwise I would think this needs to be further investigated via a support case.

Thanks and best regards,

Bhanuka.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @jbernardo ,

Shifts will only be background generated if it is clear which shift template and division should be used.

When generating shifts for a particular resource, the settings to use for this will be determined as follows:

· Shift Template:

1. If shifts have previously been generated for the resource, then the last template used will be used again.
  2. Otherwise, if there is only one shift template then this will be the one that is used.
  3. Otherwise, if the resource is linked to a shift template set (either directly or via the resourcetype) and this set contains a single shift template, then this shift template will be used.
  4. Otherwise no background generation will take place.

Hence in your scenario I would suspect the culprit is due to the reason 3 and could you please check the if the resource is linked to a shift template set.
Otherwise I would think this needs to be further investigated via a support case.

Thanks and best regards,

Bhanuka.

There are no shift template sets on any resource. We have begun the ticket process

thank you for your follow up

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Yeah, then I would think this needs to be further investigated with more details of the data situation via a support case.