Question

Allocation dates of work task

• 24 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I did a task assignment using dispatch console, then changed the allocation end date via work task screen but it did not reflect back on dispatch. So both went out of sync. dispatch shows allocation finish date as 31 march but in work task screen , i changed to 

and here it shows this

This is all out of sync.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

The Assignment seems to be in started status in your example.

When a job is started the start-time of the Taskassignment is shown in the dispatch console as the actual start date&time to represent the actual transactional status of the work. This means that the end-date of the work assignment will be set accordingly to the new start-date. (observe the Work Start date&time set on your assignment - this is what is represented in the Dispatch Console after starting the work)

You can try to create a new Work Task - assign it in the Dispatch console - keep it in assigned status and then change the start/finish date of the assignment - this will show you the changed data also on the Dispatch Console

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

hi,

yes it behaves the way you explained but it seems little weird as actual start date should capture the date when assignment is started, why should allocated start date & allocated finish changes with that?

So in case the FSE realizes that work is taking more time after work is started, what should be done to change the allocated end date because we will like to allocate him for more time. I think we should change from dispatch & that would reflect in work task screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

The allocation dates&times on the work assignment will not be changed when starting the job - so the original “planning” will still remain. However to be able to monitor the actual ongoing work and progress the Dispatch Console will represent that actual process when the assignment is started.