Question

word model of document ; word macros do not run in 21r2

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

hi , 

i have set up word macros in TARMAC environnement (21R2) to create word template document for business opportunity.

Despite the settings done in document management  and the aurena print agent installed in chrome, the macros do not run.

is there other settings to do, please ?

Thanks for your help .

BR Emmanuel

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Emmanuel Ertaud 

Have you tried debugging the macro code and see where it fails. Also please have a look in below threads as they might be helpful

Macro gets different Attribute values from IEE and Aurena | IFS Community

Macro IFSCLOUD R1 | IFS Community

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Is the Aurena Agent working? You can verify easily by opening the User Settings page in Docman. Also, start with a super simple macro before you try the real, advanced one. Then go from there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Amila, 

infortunatly  despite change in macros block  below, the macros still not working.

IFS_01_02_GENERAL_GET_DATA

and 

IFS_01_06_GENERAL_FILE_EXIST

do you know how i can debug the macro please ?

what i can add in one of macro block to check it the macros are launched or not.

Thanks in advance 

BR

Emmanuel

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mathias,

thanks for your answer.

in user setting the aruena agent is working 

my issue, after selecting and charging my word document, whent i click on “edit”  button the document does not open and the macro is not launched.

what macro block  (check) i have to add to check if the macro works or not please ?

Thanks in advance

BR

Emmanuel

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Open the documentation for document macros:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/22r1/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutDocumentMacro.htm?StandAlone=true

Search for "Example of a Macro" and use that example. I hope you understand the basics of setting up the macro basic data already. If not, have a proper read of the rest of the documentation too, especially the section names "The Macro Process".

For the document class you test with, just add the new example macro you are testing with, so that the more advanced one does not run.

Once you know macros run at all, for you, then you can look into the details of why the other macro does not work. A common technique to find where it fails is to add message boxes in various places to see where the macros stop/fail.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Mathias, 

i have added the macro block  below    in view for a txt file ; when i view/open  the txt file, the macro does not run 

“Public Sub ShowMsgBox
   MsgBox "I am a simple macro showing a message box. I could have been so much more, done so much more..."
End Sub”

BR

Emmanuel

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Can you provide relevant screenshots of the following basic data:

• Macros (for the macro you just added)
  • Macro blocks (for the macro you just added)
  • Document Class Management / Macros (if any, for the class you are testing with)
  • Document Class Process Action (if any, for the class you are testing with)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, as required , please find in attached document detail of the settings.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BR

Emmanuel

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I was thinking about the simpler example macro. If you cannot get that to work, there is no way the advanced macros will work. Concentrate on the simpler macro first.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mathias, 

in attached document settings for MSGBOX  in view and edit 

in “view” mode , the message is displayed but the document is not opened after the message

in “edit” mode,  the message does not run and the document is not displayed 

Thanks for your help.

BR

Emmanuel

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Progress! 🙂💪🏻

The reason the document is not opened by the simple macro is that the macro is not opening it! 😮 That's also not the intent of the simple macro.

So now you know macros can run.

The next step would be to add some message boxes in different places in the advanced macro blocks. Then try again and see what messages appear.