Skip to main content
Solved

Using Rest API Retrieve Document and Media Item

• 4 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Our current environment is IFS Application 10 Update 8.

We have created an integration between IFS and Ignition using Rest API allowing Ignition to display shop orders, shop order operations and material lines in the order production needs to run them.

The last step we need to accomplish is being able to retrieve the documents and images attached to the material lines.  We use document management for the PDF’s and media items for the images of the products.

I have been unable to located or figure out the Rest API to allow us to download the documents or images attached to the material lines.   Can someone shed some light on the REST API’s we’d need to utilize to download the files so we can display the information within Ignition.

Regards,

William Klotz

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi William,

All the information you need is there under Chrome's Dev Tools / Network. Can you tell us what you didn't find there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Mathias,

I wasn’t using Chrome’s Dev Tools but I’m going to give it a try now.   I was using the API Explorer and debug log window to view the API calls IFS was using but couldn’t see the call to retrieve the document.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Mathias,

Utilizing Chrome’s Dev Tools / Network allowed me to view the API’s and find the API utilized to download the document.

Just in case anyone else is interested the API in IFS Application 10 Update 8 to download the document is /int/ifsapplications/projection/v1/MediaUtility.svc/GetFileStream(DocClass='{DocClass}',DocNo='{DocNo}',DocSheet='{DocSheet}',DocRev='{DocRev}',DocType='{DocType}')

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

We also have this feature in the Document Revision screen:

Opens this dialog:

Click the button and an e-mail will open. There, use the last link:

The projection you found will work, but it is not really a “Docman projection”, it’s a special projection used by the framework. It might work for you in most cases, but be warned.