Solved

The responsible person on the document changes when we create a new revision

• 3 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi

The responsible person on the document changes when we create a new revision. The customer says that in app 8 the responsible person does not change. Is it a bug that it changes now?

I don't know much about this so I have to ask here 😊

Br

Linda

icon

Best answer by Dilini Arandara 3 May 2023, 11:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

I tested in App8 and there also the responsible person changes to the person who creates the new revision. Please refer the short recording from App8
App8 Recording.mp4

So this is not a bug, and no change is there in between app8 and cloud. This is the correct behavior. By default the document revision creator would get set as the responsible person. If needed the user can manually change the responsible person as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Linda,

Just to clarify what you meant by “changed”, In this scenario the new revision is created by a user other than the responsible person of the first revision. So the user who actually created the new revision is assigned as the responsible person for the new revision. Is that the issue customer is facing here?

cc: @Mathias Dahl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I think the current behaviour is fine. I'm sure someone can argue for it being wrong, and I suspect that's how it is for Linda's customer here. If they think this is wrong they can file a request to get this configurable.

This can most probably be overcome by configuring a custom event that changes the Responsible Person to the one of the previous revision.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks, everyone.

After much searching, we found that there is a CRIM in App8.

To your question @Asitha Rajapaksha , the answer is yes.

Br

Linda