ShopOrder Attached Documents - Object connection

• 5 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 10 replies

Hi All!

When printing Work Instruction for ShopOrder, we use the function “Print Attached Documents”.
IFS finds the attached documents well, e.g. a document which is attached to workinstruction guidelines of a operation. 
In our current situation it's kind of a suprise for the one who print's whether there are connected documents. Therefore we would like to have insight in all the attached documents from the ShopOrder itself(in Screen ShopOrder).
I guessed that “Object Connection Transformations” would be the solution, but i could not manage to set it so that we saw the attachements in screen ShopOrder.

Does anyone managed to do this? Or does anyone have other ideas on how to configure this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 5 December 2023, 15:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@SAKE please check in Object Connections → ShopOrd LU should have the DocReferenceObject.

Normally this should be enabled by default for ShopOrd.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Marcel.Ausan Thanks you!
It is enabled, same as in your screenshot.
I am able to attach documents to a ShopOrder, but the attachements which are in a lower level (for instance  “Work Guidelines...” are not shown in screen “Shop Order”.
However, those documents/attachements are printed when printing “Work Instructions..” witch tickbox “print Attached Documents” ticked

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Can you check what Object Connection Transformation rules you have for ShopOrd and ShopOrdOperation?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

When i query for 
TARGET_LU_NAME = ShopOrderOperation or shopord 
or
SOURCE_LU_NAME =ShopOrderOperation or shopord

these are the results:

Object Connection Transformations

The 2 on top, which are selected, have been created by me.

Because: when clicking RMK>”Work Guidelines...” at operation in screen “Shop Order”
the screen “Shop Order Operation Work Guidelines” opens (LU ShopOrderOperation)
there are no attachments to the header, but, when selecting the guideline in context, (LU ShopOrderOperGuide) i see the attachment.

Therefore i tried to connect the attachement from LU ShopOrderOperGuide to LU ShopOrderOperation. But i did not succeed there. (see below screenshot)

As far as i'm aware, there are key's needed in all cells, but, i cannot match “Guideline_no” from source to target, because there is no guideline_no in target.
i tried “Revised_QTY_DUE” for this trail/error because both values are “1” but attachement was not available from LU ShopOrderOperation.

ShopOrderOperGuide to ShopOrderOperation

Hope u can help, kind regards,
Sander Keurhorst

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@SAKE 

I don't know the manufacturing area much,  but from how the keys on the ShopOrderOperGuide entity looks, it's a child entity to, or it references ShopOrderOperation. That means that ShopOrderOperation does not have any value that we can use to map to the GuidelineNo attribute of ShopOrderOperGuide. The other way around would work, but that's not what you want.

It's the same situation between ShopOrd and ShopOrderOperation, where we cannot add an Object Connection Transformation rule that uses a simple key/column mapping. Because, ShopOrd (the parent) doesn't contain attributes enough to fulfill all the keys on the child. In order to solve this, a PL/SQL method is needed, which you can see that many rules have (all rules where it says something like Bla_Bla_API.Bla_Bla).

So, from what I can see after just giving this a few minutes, you need a new database method, in other words a small modification.

You can write one yourself or have someone do it for you, or ask IFS nicely to provide one in a later release.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you so much for your helpful answers. I truly appreciate your time and assistance!