Shared document repositories in IFS Cloud - folders will not be created for you

• 30 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I was bitten by this myself just now so I thought to share it (this should be in the documentation but is not yet).

When you use Shared repositories in Docman in IFS Cloud (Remote deployment option only), you need to make sure that any folder, if you specify any in the Path field, is there on the server. It will not be created for you.

So, as in the example below, the folder k8s122test must exist in the shared folder on the server. Otherwise you will get a cryptic error message...

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi Mathias,

@Mathias Dahl 
We are also trying to add a shared repository to our remote IFS deployment. But we are facing some issues with it. Could you please help us if you have encountered this issue? 

Thank you,
Geethanga. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Geethanga,

It's hard to say what might be the problem in your case. Could be a network problem (kubernetes needs to be able to access the share, from a network perspective), could be a problem with the username and password.

If you are using the Aurena Agent, you can sometimes get a better error message if you try to check in a file from the Document Revision screen. Can you try that?