Question

Report rule Check in to Document Management and FTP

• 24 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

We have set up a new report rule to get the PDF from our Project invoice print, check it in Document Management and attach it to the Project Invoice screen. It works really well if the Document Management repository is set to Database but we cannot get it to work if is FTP. We are in Apps10 UPD6.

Has anyone got a report rule Check in Document Management to work with FTP or do you think it is a restriction from IFS?

Many Thanks and Regards,

Anne-Sophie

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Anne-Sophie,

FTP is not an option there. Have a look at this post:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Mathias,

Many thanks for the quick reply. It is such a shame as we had database and moved to FTP for volume reason.

Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Many thanks for the quick reply. It is such a shame as we had database and moved to FTP for volume reason.

I see. If you don’t expect a huge amount of these archived reports however, perhaps it is not a big task to transfer these documents in batches from the Database to the FTP and regular intervals?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We deal with quite big volumes but I will look into this transfer documents in batches. We have not analysed the functionality yet. Can you please give us a few pointers on it?

Many thanks,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I suggest you check the documentation first. Search for “Change Document Repository”. It has a lot of details on how that feature works. If something is unclear there, or missing, ask again here for details.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Ok thank you very much.

Have a good day,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

We had a same requirement.

When we use the report rule “Check in to Document management” and the Doc Class is of type “FTP”, then the PDF report generated gets attached on the screen but not sent to FTP. As Mathias said, FTP is not an option here.

Since it was not working, we added another report rule “Route to connect”, and then setup the Routing Rule, Routing Address and FTP Connector.

With this, we were able to automate the transfer of PDF invoices to the FTP server.

Note :- We had to follow the same naming convention as in IFS Docman.

More detail can be found here -

Although there could be some bugs in this solution because we have to generate the same file name as Docman generated for the current invoice. We didn’t use the Doc_Seq_no Sequence, because its CURRVAL is session dependent, we used an SQL query instead.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I see. If you don’t expect a huge amount of these archived reports however, perhaps it is not a big task to transfer these documents in batches from the Database to the FTP and regular intervals?

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

Could you please let me know how we could transfer documents in batches from the Database to the FTP in regular intervals?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

You want to use the Change Document Repository dialog to do that. You can read about it here:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/CreateAndMaintainDocument/PageTransferDocuments.htm?StandAlone=true

That's the documentation for IFS Cloud, but the process is the same in Apps 10 IEE.

In IFS Cloud, we currently don't support moving document files from the Database to FTP, only to File Storage (which should be fine).