Question

Printing User ID & Time Stamp through Doc Macros on MS Word View Operation

• 20 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi All,

I have a requirement of Printing the IFS Logged in User ID & the Timestamp into the Word Document  while user trying to click on ‘View’ Operation at any of Word Document in IFS. This is to Track who and all have tried viewing the Document along with Time. I understand, it could be done using VB Script at Document Macro.  But, I am unable to print the value into Word Document during View Operation. 

My Need is:

1. Need of VB Script for Printing Values into Word Document during View operation
  2. IFS Line of Code to retrieve values of User name and Time stamp during run time

Example:

User Viewed: xxxxxxx

Time: dd-mm-yyyy  hh:mm:ss

Thanks for your Support

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Although you can "print" (I would say write) things into a Word document when it is viewed, those changes would only be there in the local file copy. Right? How do you plan for that to be permanent in the system? It's not impossible, nothing is, but is probably hard.

Why do you want to do this in the first place? Is it logging users who view certain documents?

Are you allowed to do that?

If you are, then there's the File Operation Log that can be used by an admin, and we even have events in place such that you can inform people when a certain document is viewed. It's part of our support for the Sarbanes Oxley act. Check our documentation about this concept, here:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutSarbanesOxleySupport.htm?StandAlone=true