Question

Notify Me - Document Management Approval / Reject

• 27 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello,

We currently are using document management and approvals of documents.  When we start approval process on the document the approvers in the list of approvers on the document receive an email telling them about a document requiring approval and the document is attached to the email for them to view.

We’d like to utilize the IFS Notify Me application so someone who may not have direct access to IFS can receive the notification of the pending approval request and ideally be able to approve or reject the document from the IFS Notify Me application.

Is this functionality available within IFS Application 10 Update 8 or above?

Do we need to define a custom action to accomplish the functionality?

Regards,

William Klotz

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@JOOLSE?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

We do not have the functionality for document approval in IFS Aurena Notify Me or IFS Notify Me. 

Not sure what you mean with custom action?

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello,

We currently are using document management and approvals of documents.  When we start approval process on the document the approvers in the list of approvers on the document receive an email telling them about a document requiring approval and the document is attached to the email for them to view.

We’d like to utilize the IFS Notify Me application so someone who may not have direct access to IFS can receive the notification of the pending approval request and ideally be able to approve or reject the document from the IFS Notify Me application.

Is this functionality available within IFS Application 10 Update 8 or above?

Do we need to define a custom action to accomplish the functionality?

Regards,

William Klotz

Hi William,

I am actually trying to setup an event to email about a document requiring approval. Is there anything standard out there you used? Or could you show me how you have yours set up as a custom event?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @BLLBrucemo ,

We created a custom action on the STEP_READY_FOR_APPROVAL to email users of a document requiring approval.  We also attached the document to the email.    This works well to notify the users and delivery the document to them via email.   

We’d really like to enhance by creating another custom event action to send the notification to the user via Notify Me so they could receive it on their phone and approve or reject the document.   We can send a streams notification which will provide notification on the Notify Me application but the user must still log into IFS Aurena or IEE to authorize or reject.

DECLARE
mailto_ VARCHAR2(800) := '&RECEIVER';
mailfrom_ VARCHAR2(800) := 'noreply@omnisp.com';
file_name_ VARCHAR2(2000);
file_names_ VARCHAR2(2000);
doc_type_ VARCHAR2(2000);
f_ VARCHAR2(2000);
error_msg_ VARCHAR2(32000);
rec_ Plsqlap_Record_API.type_record_;

doc_class_ VARCHAR2(100) := '&KEY01';
doc_no_ VARCHAR2(100) := '&KEY02';
doc_rev_ VARCHAR2(100) := '&KEY03';
doc_sheet_ VARCHAR2(100) := '&KEY04';

message_ VARCHAR2(32000);

BEGIN
EDM_FILE_API.REFERENCE_EXIST(f_,doc_class_, doc_no_, doc_sheet_, doc_rev_,'VIEW');
IF f_ = 'TRUE' THEN
doc_type_ := 'VIEW';
ELSE
doc_type_ := 'ORIGINAL';
END IF;

file_name_ := EDM_FILE_API.GET_NEW_LOCAL_FILE_NAME(doc_class_, doc_no_, doc_sheet_, doc_rev_,doc_type_,'1');
BATCH_TRANSFER_HANDLER_API.Download_From_DB(error_msg_, doc_class_, doc_no_, doc_sheet_, doc_rev_, doc_type_, 1, file_name_);

message_ := 'Hello &RECEIVER,' || CHR(13) || CHR(10) || CHR(13) || CHR(10) ||
'Document #: &KEY02 - &OBJECT_DESCRIPTION is ready for your immediate approval.' || CHR(13) || CHR(10) || CHR(13) || CHR(10) ||
'Thank you,' || CHR(13) || CHR(10) ||
'IFS Notification' || CHR(13) || CHR(10);

COMMAND_SYS.MAIL(
FROM_USER_NAME_ => mailfrom_,
TO_USER_NAME_ => mailto_,
TEXT_ => message_,
SUBJECT_ =>'Document #: &KEY02 - &OBJECT_DESCRIPTION - Approval Required',
ATTACH_ => file_name_ );
END;

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks for that William! Thats really helpful.

Would also be very interested in a NotifyMe way of viewing approving these

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Ive given your event a try, as am sure that functionality will go down really well with our business but am receiving an error:

Error while sending data...
Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: (117482 - &KEY02 - &KEY04 - &KEY03) - 1. (The system cannot find the file specified)

Seems it cannot find the attached file.. any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Just to add, it seems to be that the event has pulled back an incorrect document no.

When i try in pl/sql, with the correct doc no it works a treat.

Wonder how the wrong one was selected?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@william.klotz I’m also trying to create a custom notification in notify me to catch the Document Approvals for Sales Quotations. I managed to create the notification and see it in notify me app, but I’m currently struggling with the actions.

Check below topic. Could be useful for you also. I’m hoping @rukflk or @James Ashmore could give me a tip on the actions so that I could get them working as well.