Skip to main content

I created an email notify business rule to send out a document when a status reaches a certain point. This is a custom field. I have connected the distribution list to the notification message for the wild cards and substitutions. This rule is now in production and working great.

I am now trying to mirror this business and change the values of the variables for a different scenario. I have matched all those elements up to be the same, adding one extra substitute to the the distribution list. I turned on the business rule watch and all the parts of the business rule are firing as TRUE - which means the business rule should fire and do what it’s set up to do. In this case it is to send an email with an attachment to the people in the distribution list.

Why would one BR work and not the other, even with the BR firing successfully?

For the extra substitution you added, does it need a defined Substitution Map added so that the field can be reached?

Also, does the Notification appear in the Notification Log? if not, the issue maybe exchange server related, although if some rules send notifications, but this one does not, then this may not be your issue.