Solved

Is there anyway to call a get function in VBScript or something Similar?

• 3 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

Is it possible to call a get function in VBScript or something similar?

Because I want to get a value which is getting calculated from a method/function and use it in a VBScript block.
Is there any way to achieve it?

Thank you in advance for any insight on this.

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 3 April 2024, 11:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @CAPALK 

If you read the Docman Macros documentation, it mentions below

If these attributes (or the values they contain) are not enough for your needs there are a couple of ways to fix this:

1. Customize the Get_Document_Data function in Doc_Issue_API
  2. Make a macro that calls the IFS Foundation Gateway and do the necessary database calls yourself. This is unsupported, but might work.
    Retrieve the values from some other place such as files or windows registry, using available functions in VBScript.

I guess the option 1 would be the safest since you can define the attribute you want and set the value for it inside Get_Document_Data function.

Option 2 should be possible with basic authentication, but with IFS cloud I am not sure it will work

Badge +2

Hi @Amila Samarasinghe ,

Many thanks for your valuable input.

Using the option 1, I was able to achieve my requirement easily.

But one thing to point out that, Customize API name should be ‘Doc_Issue_Attribute_Custom_API

Thank you very much for your input.

\
Chathun

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @CAPALK  It is great that you got it to work out and thanks for pointing out the new API name. I was referring to the old APPS10 documentation and the new IFS Cloud documentation has the updated API and method name

Document Macro (ifs.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The context of the question was not clear, can you explain more? Was it a document macro that you needed? There is no other way that I know of to execute VBScript.