Skip to main content

I have a question. Is it possible to configure the repository of the "File storage" type in such a way that the files of attachments of different classes of documents are stored in different directories and not in one collective "Docman"?

@LsyPawelZ there is already a prioritized backlog item to be looked into in a future IFS cloud release. 

Am I to understand that this topic is in the process of being solved?

@LsyPawelZ Not solved yet. Currently we are not in a position to state an exact ifs cloud release which this capability will be available. But this is one of the prioritized items in our product backlog and will be fixed in a future release.

Is there a procedure or tool developed to move document files from the "Shared" repository to the "File Storage"?

@LsyPawelZ there is Cloud File Storage Migration Tool, which you might have to first go through the information carefully to get an idea about the process.

Cloud File Storage Migration Tool - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Cloud File Storage Migration Tool - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Hi @LsyPawelZ 

do you have any more information on when a solution with subfolders might be ready? We are planning an implementation with a customer who has over a million documents in their existing repository and we are concerned about performance issues with all documents in one folder.

Regards,

Petr

Unfortunately, I don't have any other information about creating directories for the " File storage " repository.