Question

IFS8: PDF-documents not opening right

• 8 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

I have got a user who is trying to open PDF-documents from IFS, but they always open with Notepad, and not the default program which is Adobe Reader.

I have checked his computer and his default apps settings, everything seems to be right. But still, the PDF-docs gets opened with a Notepad, no matter from which module inside IFS. This is affecting only this user and only his PC. If he log in from another computer, then they get opened correctly  with Adobe Reader.

Also: when he opens PDF-docs from other applications inside his PC (eg file browser), the docs gets opened correctly with Adobe Reader. So this is really confusing.

Any help is highly appreciated. This is IFS8.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Strange…

If you use Windows’ Run command and paste the complete path and file name there (in quotes, if the file name contains spaces which I think it will), and click OK, what happens then? Make sure to try this with a file that he checked out from IFS and which opens in Notepad.

This is a long short, but does he by any chance have set the External Viewer in IFS/Docman to Notepad? :-o

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@M_P_S 

If Mathia’s suggestion isn’t working try clearing click once cache as well(You need to close the IEE before doing this)

https://kb.blackbaud.com/knowledgebase/Article/50811