Solved

How to set document revision obsolete automatically?

• 27 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 13 replies

How to set old document revision obsolete automatically, when new revision is created?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 28 October 2022, 09:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jami ,

Once you release the new revision, you can obsolete the previous documents by the following option.

Hope you can use that option as a solution.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

If I want the old versions to be obsolete when creating a new revision, then there is not out of the box solution other than a custom event?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The workflow shown by @Yasanthi Gunawardena is an out of the box solution that is directly in the workflow.  It does not require a custom event, it is simply to tick the Yes radio button during the release of the revision.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I tested releasing functionality with IFS Cloud 22r1 and the radio button appeared when releasing every third revision. Is this known issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I tested releasing functionality with IFS Cloud 22r1 and the radio button appeared when releasing every third revision. Is this known issue?

I cannot remember having that reported. If you like, file a support case and we will have a look.

As for your original question, if you want previous revisions to be obsolete when a new one is created I think a custom event is your only option.

For our learning, what is the larger use case here?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Ticket CS0100161 explanation

The behavior which you have observed is controlled by the parameter NO_OF_RELEASED_REVISION.

This can be set in:
Document Management > Basic Data > Document Default Values
or
Document Management > Basic Data > Document Class Management - Here you can override the default value for your document class.

This field sets the released revision control of a document sheet. MANY = Can have as many revisions as you like in released status. ONE = Can have only one released revision of a document sheet.

If you have set NO_OF_RELEASED_REVISIONS = Many, then the radio button will be available when you have more than 1 released revisions.