Question

how to convert collection to table in oracle?

• 6 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello all,  i want to list file in FTP/Directory.  I used INTFACE_SERVER_FILE_API.File_List(directory_name_)  function. The result is returning in  type <Collection>. How to convert collection to table in oracle?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What is it that you are trying to achieve, what is the end goal? Is this about IFS Document Management or something else?

Badge +2

@Mathias Dahl,  Actually i’m trying to access files  that are  not uploaded in EDM/Repository Path. There is a 3rd party software inside. This software takes the PDFs from a path and rename. Renamed files send in an another  EDM/Repository Path.  As i cannot understand the reason, there is a 10% loss in this transfer. So i want to list the unsent files where the operation is done at place. I will write a procedure for those not on the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I don't think you can pull that off using APIs from "inside" IFS. You are probably better of doing some script or program that will check the FTP. Or I don't understand your problem well enough to give a better example. We would need more details to understand better I think, your description it too brief.